Welcome !

Welcome !

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Verb Tenses, Exercise 15

 


In the following exercise, you will be presented with sentences, some of which contain inconsistency of tense or other grammar problems.
Which sentences are correct?


Arlene asked he and I to complete the job.

Arlene asked he and me to complete the job.

The football match will be abandoned as it was raining so hard.

Arlene asked him and me to complete the job.

He and I completed the job for Arlene.

He and me completed the job for Arlene.

Jim wanted to visit his grandma but cannot find the money for a train ticket.

We were able to travel to Athens but could not find a hotel.

They left the house around eight, walked to town and end up in their favourite pub.

If I had seen the car earlier, I would have been able to avoid the accident.

You will never be a professional athlete because you didn't eat the right diet.

I couldn't come out with you because I don't have enough money.

She wants to visit India but she had not got enough money.

It is awful here; we could not see a thing.

We are walking along the river bank when the accident happened.

I wanted to travel to India with my friends, but I will not be able to find enough money.

She hated playing the piano, but can sing beautifully.

We left home first thing in the morning and arrive late at night.

We sneaked into the kitchen and raided the fridge.

Sam cooked a fantastic meal and then had to do all the washing up.

I got this souvenir when I was on holiday in India.