Welcome !

Welcome !

Monday, June 14, 2021

ADVANCED ENGLISH GRAMMAR TEST

   

ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE TEST

Choose the correct answer:


When did you last see Jane?
When have you last see Jane?
When have you last seen Jane?
When did you last saw Jane?

Find the prepositions following the verbs:
To feel sorry ---  
To be famous ---
To be crowded---
To be similar ---
To be jealous---
To be capable / incapable---
To emigrate---
To immigrate---    
To blame--- 
To borrow---     
To lend---
To congratulate smb.---smth.
To be responsible--- 
To dream---  
To worry---
To be proud---
To be banned--- 
To prevent ----
To rely / count / depend---
To care---
To concentrate---

I am almost certain that she went there:
a. She should have gone there.
b. She might have gone there.
c. She ought to have gone there.
d. She must have gone there.

They managed to pass the exam.
a. They must have passed the exam.
b. They can have passed the exam.
c. They were able to pass the exam.
d. They could have passed the exam.

I am certain that Mary is at home.
a. She should be at home.
b. She might be at home.
c. She must be at home.
d. She has to be at home.

He is not obliged to speak.
a. He doesn`t have to speak.
b. He mustn`t speak.
c. He should not speak.
d. He may not speak.

I think he fails if he doesn`t study hard.
a. He should fail.
b. He must fail.
c. He may fail.
d. He can fail.

He is likely to be punished.
a. He must be punished.
b. He ought to be punished.
c. He might be punished.
d. He should be punished.

It is important that everyone follows the rules.
It is important that everyone has followed the rules.
It is important that everyone follow the rules.
It is important that everyone might follow the rules.

My advice is that the company invests in new equipment.
My advice is that the company invested in new equipment.
My advice is that the company has invested in new equipment.
My advice is that the company invest in new equipment.

Lightning struck twice by our house last night and burnt the roof.
Lightning has struck twice by our house last night and burnt the roof.
Lightning have struck twice by our house last night and burnt the roof.
Lightning strucked twice by our house last night and burned the roof.

By the time we got to the airport, their plane will already have arrived.
By the time we get to the airport, their plane will already has arrived.
By the time we get to the airport, their plane will already have arrived.
By the time we had got to the airport, their plane will already have arrived.

John will reply to your letter as soon as he will find out the details.
John  reply to your letter as soon as he will find out the details.
John would reply to your letter as soon as he will find out the details.
John will reply to your letter as soon as he  finds out the details.

They suggested that measures-----------------as soon as possible.
a. took
b. be taken
c. take care
d. taken

Peter is the tallest of the two.
Peter is the tall of the two.
Peter is taller of the two.
Peter is the taller of the two.

Nowadays news travels fast.
Nowadays new travels fast.
Nowadays news traveled fast.
Nowadays news traveled fastly.

Mary objected of her being treated differently.
Mary objected over her being treated differently.
Mary objected to her being treated differently.
Mary objected at her being treated differently.

They had scarcely left the party than I regretted my words.
They had scarcely left the party that I regretted my words.
They had scarcely left the party what I regretted my words.
They had scarcely left the party when I regretted my words.

No sooner had I spoke to him that the guests arrived.
No sooner had I spoke to him when the guests arrived.
No sooner had I spoken to him than the guests arrived.
No sooner had I spoken to him that the guests arrived.

Nobody has been taught,…………….?
a. haven`t they
b. did they
c. has he
d. have they

I`d rather going out than staying in.
I`d rather go out than staying in.
I`d rather going out that stay in.
I`d rather go out than stay in.

I`d prefer going out than staying in.
I`d prefer going out that staying in.
I`d prefer to go out than stay in.
I`d prefer going out when staying in.

He mistook her with John`s sister.
He mistook her to John`s sister.
He mistook her by John`s sister.
He mistook her for John`s sister.

She prefers Maths to Romanian.
She prefers Maths than Romanian.
She prefers Maths then Romanian.
She prefers Maths for Romanian.

She was keen on old books.
She was keen to old books.
She was keen of old books.
She was keen with old books.

He showed me his collection of postcards which he has been collecting for years.
He showed me his collection of postcards which he had been collecting for years.
He shows me his collection of postcards which he had been collecting for years.
He had showed me his collection of postcards which he has been collecting for years.

A lot of people have arrived lately.
A lot of people arrived lately.
A lot of people had arrived lately.
A lot of people arrive lately.

Her attitude to animals surprised us.
Her attitude over animals surprised us.
Her attitude of animals surprised us.
Her attitude to animals have surprised us.

You needn`t go yet, need you?
You needn`t go yet, don`t  you?
You needn`t go yet, do you?
You needn`t go yet, did you?

Each of the project partners is responsible for writing a summary.
Each of the project partners are responsible for writing a summary.
Each of the project partners is responsible for writting a summary.
Each of the projects partners is responsible for writing a summary.