Welcome !

Welcome !

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Nouns & Quantifiers Exercise

   


Underline the correct answer:

Lots of people have/has computer.                        
A lot of my friends work/works in London.
There is/ are lots of cinemas here.                                   
There is/are lots of food in the fridge.
Lots of snow has/have fallen today.                       
A lot of things need/needs to change.

Put a little or a few:
I know …………… English.                                          
I speak …………… words of Spanish.
I’ll be on holidays …………… days.                             
Can you give me …………… help?
Ann will be ready in …………… minutes.                      
Could I have …………… more coffee?
I’d like to ask you …………… questions.                      
I’m having …………… trouble with the police.
The soup needs …………… more salt.                          
I’m going away for …………… weeks.

Circle the correct answer:
Example: I have little/a little time to read newspapers and no time at all to read books.

There was little/ a little water on the mountain and we all got very thirsty.
Foreign languages are difficult, and few/a few people learn them perfectly.
I’m going to Scotland with few/a few friends next week.
I’ve brought you few/a few flowers.
Life is very hard in the Artic, so few/a few people live there.

The following quantifiers work with count nouns :
Many    
A few   
Few   
Several     
A couple of    
None of the

The following quantifiers work with non-count nouns :
Not much   
A little   
Little   
A bit of    
No

The following quantifiers work with both count and non-count nouns :

All the    
Some   
Most of the    
Enough   
A lot of    
Lots of    
Plenty of     
A lack of

Put in much or many:
I haven’t got …………… time.                             
She doesn’t speak …………… English.
Are there …………… Americans in your company?
Was there …………… traffic on the road?                     
Have you travelled in …………… countries?
I don’t eat ……………meat.                                         
Not …………… tourists visit our town.
We don’t have…………… rain in summer.                    
I don’t buy …………… clothes.

Put in a/an or some in the following blanks:

1. I read ……… newspaper, wrote ……… letters and listened to ……… music.
2. Would you like ……… milk in your coffee?
3. We met ……… interesting people at the party.
4. We talked to her and she gave us ……… very good advice.
5. She didn’t eat much for lunch : only ……… apple and ……… bread.
6. Would you like ……… bread ?
7. I’m going to make ……… table. First, I need ……… wood.
8. We talked to her and she gave us ……… very good advice.
9. I want to write ……… letter. I need ……… pen and ……… paper.
10. I’m going to open the window to have ……… fresh air.
11. We live in ……… big house. There’s ……… nice garden with ……… beautiful trees.
12. I need ……… money. I want to buy ……… food.
13. Would you like ……… tea ?
14. We had ……… nice weather when we were on holiday.