Welcome !

Welcome !

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Verb Tenses, Test 9

 



Choose the correct answer.

1. After Jessica __ her degree, she intends to work in her father's company.
A. will finish 
B. will have finished 
C. finishes 
D. is finishing

2. By the time I go to bed tonight, I __ my work for the day.
A. will finish 
B. have finished 
C. will have finished 
D. finish

3. When my parents __ for a visit tomorrow, they will see our new baby for the first time. 
A. will arrive 
B. arrived 
C. will have arrived 
D. arrive

4. Mary looked down to discover a snake at her feet. When she saw it, she__.
A. was screaming 
B. had screamed 
C. screamed 
D. screams 

5. By the time Alfonso finally graduated from high school, he __ seven different schools because his parents moved frequently.
A. attended 
B. was attending 
C. had attended 
D. had been attending

6. Until you learn to relax more, you __ your ability to speak English.
A. haven't improved 
B. aren't improving 
C. don't improve 
D. won't improve

7. I borrowed four books on gardening the last time I __ to the library.
A. go 
B. went 
C. had gone 
D. have gone

8. Before I started the car, all of the passengers __ their seat belts. 
A. will buckle 
B. had buckled 
C. buckle 
D. have buckled

9. It seems that whenever I travel abroad, I ___ to take something I need.
A. forgot 
B. am forgetting 
C. forget 
D. had forgotten

10. When I see the doctor this afternoon, I ___ him to look at my throat.
A. will ask 
B. asked 
C. will have asked 
D. ask

11. After ancient Greek athletes won a race in the Olympics, they __ a simple crown of olive leaves.
A. received 
B. had received 
C. were receiving 
D. have received

12. After the race ___, the celebration began.

A. had been won 
B. is won 
C. will be won 
D. has been won