Welcome !

Welcome !

Monday, January 20, 2014

Miscellaneous, Test 2


TEST 

·  He ___ smoke a lot, but after he got ill, he decided to quit smoking.
a. used to
b. was used to


·  My life was rather dull ___ I decided to move to the city.
a. unless
b. until


·  His watch ___
a. has been stolen.
b. has stolen


·  Little ___ that their plan has been discovered.
a. do they suspect
b. they suspect


·  ___ the rain, we went to the club.
a. Despite
b. Despite of


·  He didn't go to the party. Now he regrets ___ so.
a. not having done
b. not have done


·  If I had known I'd hurt him so much, I ___ that.
a. couldn't have said
b. wouldn't have said


·  Personally I ___ go to Greece.
a. would rather
b. would prefer


·  She hasn't read the article, nor ___ the essay.
a. has written
b. has she written


·  Margaret ___ her mother the prize she had gotten in the competition.
a. proudly showed
b. showed proudly


·  Have you picked up my ___ by mistake?
a. car's key
b. car key


·  I wonder how much ___
a. that car is.
b. is that car


·  Our customer's money ___ if they're not satisfied with the product.
a. will be refunded
b. will have been refunded


·  It's clearly stated that you ___ copy the site without written permission from the webmaster.
a. should not
b. ought not


·  This ticket ___ a free meal in our new cafeteria.
a. entitles you to
b. entitles you for


·  The price of oil ___ several times in the last two years.
a. has gone up
b. went up


·  ___ for the TOEFL exam in June, we took a sham exam in April.
a. Prepare
b. To prepare


·  I'm sure that by the end of this week, I ___ the books I have already ordered.
a. will have been getting
b. will have got


·  Everything depends on ___ we get a raise in our salary.
a. if
b. whether


·  The policeman is demanding that the thief ___ the crime.
a. confess
b. confesses