Welcome !

Welcome !

Friday, December 30, 2022

DO vs. MAKE Exercises

 


DO vs. MAKE

 Choose the correct answer:  
                           
1. What did you do / make at the weekend?

2. It's been a pleasure doing / making business with you.

3. I have to go home and do / make some chores this afternoon.

4. She sat on the sofa, doing / making a crossword and drinking tea.

5. She had toothache, so she did / made an appointment with the dentist for the following day.

6. Unfortunately, Lucy does / makes a lot of work at the weekends.

7. I've done / I`ve made my decision. I'm going back to university.

8. She did a cake last night / She made a cake last night.

9. She did very badly on the exam, so she'll have to retake it / She made very badly on the exam, so she'll have to retake it.


Choose the correct verb:
1. I need to _______ my homework.
 a) do                   b) make


2. She _____ a lot of money at her new job.
 a) does                b) makes


3. Tomorrow he will ______ some exercise. 
  a) do                 b) make


4. Did you _____ your bed this morning? 
a) do                    b) make


5. I can't _____ cookies for the party.
 a) do                     b) make


6. Please ______ the dishes after dinner.
a) do                        b) make


7. Can you ______ me a favour? 
a) do                    b) make


8. Tonight I will ______ my History assignment.
a) do                      b) make


9. I have to go home and _____some chores this afternoon.
a) do                   b) make

10. The storm has ____ a lot of damage to the house.
a) done              b) made