Welcome !

Welcome !

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Test 9


TEST DE VERIFICARE A CUNOSTINTELOR IN CADRUL CONCURSULUI DE ADMITERE IN SCOLILE POSTLICEALE ALE JANDARMERIEI ROMANE 

61. Look out! That wall … .
a) will collapse 
b) is going to collapse 
c) will be collapsing 
d) is collapsing

62. The thieves … the stolen goods behind a cupboard.
a) hide
b) hidden
c) hid 
d) hided

63. I don’t like that dress. … do you mean, the one over there?
a) What 
b) Which 
c) Whom 
d) Who

64. Nobody enjoys … as we do.
a) himself 
b) oneself 
c) him
d) themselves

65. You want your friend to carry your bag for you.
a) Need you carry my bag for me ?
b) Must you carry my bag for me ?
c) Shall you carry my bag for me ? 
d) Would you carry my bag for me ?

66. To study in … Paris is one of … most challenging things for … painter.
 a) -/the/a
b) -/-/the
c) the/the/an
d) -/the/an

67. I’d rather you … mention it to my parents.
a) hadn’t
b) don’t
c) didn’t
d) don’t

68. I wish the committee … on their agenda instead of putting it off.
a) will agree
b) agreed
c) agrees
d) agree

69. If only you … me earlier!
a) had told
b) told
c) have told
d) would tell

70. He is … the cleverest boy in the school.
a) quite
b) much
c) far 
d) by far

71. The teacher made me … behind after school. 
a) to stay
b) staying
c) stay 
d) had stayed

72. You will soon … to living in the city.
a) be used
b) get used
c) use
d) used

73. Put … your gloves. It is very cold outside.
a) on 
b) up
c) in
d) away

74. It’s high time you … your flat.
a)  will redecorate
b) redecorate
c) redecorated
d) have redecorated

75. If he had some money, he … on holiday.
a) could go
b) can go
c) will go
d) went

76. She … a doctor when she … medical school. She thinks she … in a hospital for
most of her career.
a) is going to become / will finish/ will have probably worked
b) will be becoming / finishes/ will have probably worked
c) will be becoming / will finish/ will have probably worked
d) is going to become/ finishes/ will probably work

77. Paul was angry with me … using his car.
a) because
b) at
c) about
d) for

78. The shop I want to go is on the … of the city. 
a) outskirtes
b) outskirts
c) outskirt
d) skirts

79. A friend in … need is … friend indeed.
a) -/ the
b) - / -
c) -/ a
d) a/ a

80. They … for three hours when they stopped for a rest.
a) were driving
b) have been driving
c) had been driving
d) drove

81. World War II broke … in 1939.
a) up
b) out
c) down
d) into

82. She became a teacher, …?
a) didn’t it
b) isn’t she
c) doesn’t she
d) didn’t she

83. The … bicycles are in the garden, where they left them.
a) boys’
b) boys
c) boy
d) boy’s

84. I woke up so late that I … had time for breakfast.
a) harder
b) hard
c) hardly
d) hardest

85. Many people were watching while the film … .
a) had been shot
b) was shooting
c) was being shot
d) has been shot

86. My luggage … in the car already.
a) had been
b) will be
c) are
d) is

87. Give him … job to do. He’s only a child.
a) a more easy
b) an easier
c) a more easily
d) an easyer

88. … he was tired, Andy went tot the party.
a) Although
b) Despite
c) However
d) In spite of

89. Jack … whether he was late for the meeting. 
a) told
b) said
c) asked
d) was saying

90. But for …, we wouldn’t have found our way.
a ) your help
b) you to help
c) you helped
d) you helped me