Welcome !

Welcome !

Saturday, October 17, 2020

If Clause, Exercise 10

  

 Circle the correct answer:

1. In which type of conditional sentence do you form the main clause with the present perfect?
a) Type 1 b) Type 2 c) Type 3 d) none

2. Which if-clause shows that something might be possible (but you’re not sure), or, improbable ?
a) Type 1 b) Type 2 c) Type 3 d) none

3. In which type of if-clauses can you use ‘would’ in the if-clause?
a) Type 1 b) Type 2 c) Type 3 d) none

4. Which type of if-clause needs the past tense in the if-clause and the conditional (would + infinitive) in the main clause?
a) Type 1 b) Type 2 c) Type 3 d) none

5. Which type of if-clause does not have a conditional form in the main clause?
a) Type 1 b) Type 2 c) Type 3 d) none

Make 1st Conditional sentences, put the verbs in brackets in correct form.

If you _____ (not study), you _____ (fail) the test.

I _____(lend) you my umbrella if you ____ (need) it.

If I ________ (be late), I ________(call) you.

Write 2nd Conditional sentences; put the verbs in brackets in the correct form

If you ____ (leave) your job, you ___(travel) around the world.

If you ______(be) nicer to him, he _____(lend) you the money

It ______(be) nice if the rain _______(stop)!


Write 3rd Conditional sentences; put the verbs in brackets in the correct form.

He crashed his car, because he fell asleep while driving.
If he_________(fall) asleep while driving, he _______(crash) his car.

I lost my job because I was late for work. I ______ (loose) my job if I ______ (be)late for work.

We couldn't go to the concert, because we didn't have enough money. If we _____(have)enough money, we _____(go)to the concert.