English language. A form of interaction to most people. To the world, the mother tongue of communication and business. For me, a true passion !!
Internet and personal resources, reviews, news, tips and tests for learners of English.
This blog will be regularly updated with varied and useful activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on
Friday, May 2, 2014
Miscellaneous, Test 3
1. When I arrived home, mom --------- the dishes.
a. did b. had done c.made d. had made
2. Who ------- food in your family when your Mom is away?
cooks / is cooking /has been cooking /cooked
3. Hundreds of sheep / sheeps were killed yesterday.
4. I`ve got two furniture kits. They are / It is wonderful.
5. This is the first time +…………………………..:
Past perfect / Present perfect / Present simple / Past simple
This was the first time +…………………………..:
Past perfect Present perfect Present simple Past simple
It`s high time +…………………………………….. :
Present simple Present perfect simple
Past simple Past perfect continuous
6. She wishes he ---------------------to that party last night.
a] had not been b] is not c] were not d] has not been
7. The fire fighters prevented the fire ------------------spreading.
a] at b] about c] from d ] of
8. You`d better not leave her alone,…………?
a. hadn`t you
b. would you
c. wouldn`t you
d. had you
9. He`s looking forward to hearing………….. you.
a. of b. for c. from d. off
a. She`ll come when she will have time.
b. She comes when she will have time.
c. She`ll come when she have time.
d. She`ll come when she has time.
11. What is the past tense form of the verb panic ?
a. She wishes she has done it earlier.
b. She wish she had done it earlier.
c. She wishes she had done it earlier.
d. She wish she did it earlier.
a. The cattle is grazing on the field.
b. The cattle are grazing in the field.
c. The cattle are grazing on the field.
d. The cattle is grazing in the field.
14. If they ------------- the ferry, they ----------------here now.
a. catch / are b. will catch / will be
c. have caught / have been d. had caught / would be
a. I had been listening to music for more than 2 hours when I saw him enter.
b. I had been listening music for more than 2 hours when I saw him enter.
c. I have been listening to music for more than 2 hours when I saw him entering.