Tuesday, April 19, 2016
If Clause, Exercise 13
EXERCISES ON CONDITIONAL CLAUSES
Using conditional type 0 or 1, write out the following sentences
1. If you (heat) ice it (melt).
2. If you never (ask) them you never (learn) the truth.
3. If I (bring) the food to the party you (supply) the drink?
4. If you (not take) the medicine you (not get) better.
5. If you (freeze) water it (turn) into ice.
6. He (be) allowed to leave early today if he (stay) later tomorrow.
7. If he (work) when we get there, we (not disturb) him.
8. There (be) always plenty to do if my mother (go) away.
9. They have told her that if she (do) this film they (renew) her contract.
10. That sign says silence. If you (start) talking we (be asked) to leave.
11. If you (leave) that cut untreated it (become) infected.
12. It you (ask) him for help he always (give) it.
13. If he (travel) all afternoon I know he (not want) to go out this evening.
14. George (leave) tomorrow if the weather (be) fine.
15. We (go) riding tomorrow if the horse's leg (be) better.
16. The council (arrange) a concert if they (find) enough singers.
17. It the garage (repair) the car we (be able) to go to the mountains tomorrow?
18. That artist only (paint) another picture if he (find) a suitable model.
Using conditional type 2 write out the following sentences.
1. If Peter (see) what you (be) doing he (be) furious.
2. If Roy (help) me I (not still work) now.
3. (George set) sail again if he (know) how dangerous the boat (be)?
4. Gail (get) better results if she (work) harder.
5. I (buy) this house it | (be) richer.
6. They (be) pleased if I (write) to them?
7. If I ever (hear) of such a thing, I (be) positively amazed.
8. The play (be) more successful if it (be not) so old-fashioned.
9. If I (be) the Prime Minister | (abolish) income tax.
10. What Sam (do) if he (be) here now?
11. If they (tell) me what to expect I (not ask) these questions now.
Using conditional type 3 write out the following sentences.
1. If you (not make)so much noise you (not wake)your baby sister up.
2. If she (not wake) up she (not start) crying.
3. The neighbours (not come) around if they (not hear) the baby.
4.I (bring) my art collection with me if they (ask) me to.
5. I (see)
Elizabeth if she (wave) to me.
6. I (not finish) at all if you (not help) me.
7. I (meet) you at the station if you (tell) me that you were coming.
8. The car (not break) down if you (take) it to the garage when I told you to.
9. | (recognize) him instantly if he (not grow) a beard.
10. The band (continue) to play if it (not be) so late.
11. They really (take) their canoes down the river if they (know) how dangerous it was?