English language. A form of interaction to most people. To the world, the mother tongue of communication and business. For me, a true passion !!
Internet and personal resources, reviews, news, tips and tests for learners of English.
This blog will be regularly updated with varied and useful activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Choose the correct answer: If I found her address, I ------------------- her an
Those children are really
a. I wish they were quieter
b. I wish they would be quiet
c. If only they had been quiet
I don`t understand this point of
grammar. I wish I ------------ it better
The information you
need is / are in the report.
Last night's news was/
were very bad.
He gave me a lot of advice
/ advices when I joined the company.
The country with the fewest / the least people per square
kilometer must be Australia.
did he know what his decision would lead to / Little did he knew what his
decision would lead to.
The matter could be explained in no other way. / The matter
could be explained in any other way.
The beavers spent the afternoonlyingnew
branches on the lodge. / The beavers spent the afternoonlayingnew
branches on the lodge.
The cat preferredto siton
the dining room table. / The cat preferredto seton
the dining room table.
for a short nap before the exam./ Marylaiddown
for a short nap before the exam.
He is always making noise at night. / He always makes noise
If you ___________ a little earlier, you would have caught
Choose the correct answer:
1. She burst into _______________ (tear/ tears) when she
heard the bad news.
2. Peter and Jack shake _______________ (hand/ hands) and
become friends again.
3. She can’t see what is written on the blackboard without
her contact _______________ (len/ lens)
4. The two sisters took _______________ (turn/ turns) at
sitting up with their sick mother.
5. Quite a number of _______________ (DJ/ DJs) have
extended their careers to singing.
6.If you want to get well, you should take the doctor’s
_______________ (advice/ advices).
7. Mary never does her _______________ (homework/
8. Johnny has lost his _______________ (luggage/
9. The factory workers stopped working and took (a rest/
children sat on the _______________ (grass/ grasses).
Underline the incorrect word in
each sentence and write the correct word in the space provided.
1. He takes part in a lot of
2. I always put three teaspoon of
sugar in my coffee.
3. The field is full of
4. The thief was wearing
5. Money cannot buy
6. They want to finish the job themself.
7. How many piece of cheese would
you like? ______________
8. A mice was hiding under the
9. Three passer-bys were shot in
10. Put on more cloth or you will
get a cold.
Cross out a/an if it is wrong and
substitute it with some. If it is correct, put a tick
1. Can you give me an
____________ information, please?
2. I bought a ____________
3. We need a ____________money
for the cinema.
4. He’s eating a ____________
5. I’d like a _____________
advice about my future.
6. We stopped at the filling
station to get a ___________ petrol.
7. I really need a _____________
8. Can you give me a
___________water, please? I’m thirsty.
9. Can you pass me a ____________
10. Do you want an ___________
Write the past tense and past
participle of the following verbs: