Friday, December 13, 2013
Verb Tenses, Test 1
Choose the correct answer.
2. Where is John? He ---- his car in the garage.
repairs is repairing has repaired repaired
3. I love this film. I ---- it four or five times already.
see have seen had seen
4. Have you visited any European countries? – Yes. I ----
Spain and two years ago. Italy
visited have visited had visited
5. She ---- the living room when she heard a strange noise in the kitchen.
has cleaned has been cleaning was cleaning
6. I envy you. At five tomorrow you ---- some tan on a nice beach in
will get will be getting will have got will have been getting
7. You arrived two days ago. You are going to leave next Sunday. By the time you leave, you ---- nine days here.
spend have spent are spending will have spent
8. Where is he? I ---- for him since three o'clock!
am waiting have been waiting was waiting had been waiting
9. I went to
last month. I ---- there before. It's a beautiful country. Belgium
have never been had never been never was never been
10. He said that his mother would be very upset when she ---- that he had lost his job.
learns learned had learned would learn