Friday, November 29, 2013
Miscellaneous, Test 1
1. I would tell you my secret, if I would trust / trusted you more.
2. He is known to be / be a very intelligent boy.
3. I wish I were / had been ten years older now.
4. His pieces of advice was / were more than welcome.
5. Who is the best / the better of the two hounds?
6. It was so / such a good play, that I was sorry when it ended.
7. I`m having my car repaired / repairing by the best mechanic I know.
8.They told me that they will / would not be late.
9. Jane wants to deal with / of her letters first.
10. Which is the cheaper / the cheapest dress of the two?
11. The trees which / who are in front of my window are all cherry trees.
12. Nothing is worse / worst than falling and breaking your leg.
13. If only we have / had some money; we could take a cab.
14. He has never been interested in / at / on my plans.
15. As it`s very late, I think you would better / should leave now.
16. Wherever / Whoever you go, you always meet English – speaking people.
17. Although / Even he was tired, he went on working.
18. You will have your lunch after you have washed / washing your hands.
19. You might have asked / would have asked me if I wanted to come with you.
20. You are a great cook! This cake tastes / is tasting wonderful!