English language. A form of interaction to most people. To the world, the mother tongue of communication and business. For me, a true passion !!
Internet and personal resources, reviews, news, tips and tests for learners of English.
This blog will be regularly updated with varied and useful activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Verb Tenses, Test 2
Choose the correct answer:
1. They (were cleaning up / had cleaned up) while I was cooking dinner.
2. There was no food left when I returned. They (had eaten / ate) everything!
3. If she had visited us last summer, she (would have enjoyed / would enjoy) the hikes in the mountains.
4. I (checked / was checking) the bags before we left on holiday.
5. If he (broke / had broken) the window he would repair it.
6. She told me she was flying to Chicago last week. She (must have been / must be) in her hotel room last night.
7. By the time the presentation began, they (completed / had completed) their discussion.
8. If I (had been / were) you, I would finish my homework!
9. She is very intelligent. She (can not have thought/ couldn't have thought) that!
10. When I arrived, they (stretched their legs / were stretching their legs).
12. I (work) ...... as a assistant, but this summer I (study) ...... computer science in Vienna. 14. Take your umbrella! It (rain) ...... . London
EnglandTomorrow I shall work more than I worked / have worked / would work / yesterday. 19. He knows that /I am being busy / I was busy / I shall be busy tomorrow.
20. At first I thought it / were / would have being / would be / good enough for me.
21. Ihave been relying / relied / had reliedon my Christmas bonus to pay for the gifts I buy for my family.
22. After shehad learnedto drive, Alicefelt / feels / is feeling /more independent.