Welcome !

Welcome !

Friday, December 15, 2017

Verb *Wish*, Exercise 2


Read the sentence and choose the correct answer:

1. I shouted at my little sister this morning. I feel bad about it now.

a. I wish I did not shout at my little sister
b. I wish I hadn't shouted at my little sister

2. I didn't go to the library yesterday. It's closed today.

a. I wish I had gone to the library
b. I wish I went to the library

3. I took no notice of the teacher, and I did really badly in the test.

a. I wish I had taken more notice
b. I wish I took more notice

4. They stayed up really late, and they are very tired, so the boss is most displeased.

a. The boss wishes they had stayed up
b. The boss wishes they stayed up

5. Jack didn't tell his wife he was going to be late, and she got really angry with him.

a. Jack wishes he told his wife
b. Jack wishes he had told his wife

6. Mary told her brother she was going to be late, so he didn't wait for her.

a. Mary wishes she didn`t tell her brother
b. Mary wishes she hadn't told her brother

7. Mary didn’t prepare for the interview, and she's sad because she didn’t get the job.

 a. Mary wishes she had prepared for the interview
 b. Mary wishes she prepared for the interview.

8. I want to wash my car, but I don’t have time.

a. I wish I had had time to wash my car.
b. I wish I had time to wash my car.

9. Michael wants to buy a diamond ring for his girlfriend, but he can’t afford it.

a. Michael wishes he could afford to buy the ring.
b. Michael wishes he could have afforded to buy the ring.

10. Maria ate too many sweets when she was a child, and now she has lost her teeth.

a. Maria wishes she hadn`t eaten so many sweets when she was a child.
b. Maria wishes she didn`t eat so many sweets when she was a child.

11. Frank and Bill ran all the way to school, but they were still late.

a. They wish they were in time for school.
b. They wish they had been in time for school.