Welcome !

Welcome !

Thursday, June 22, 2017

If Clause, Exercise 17



Supply the correct tense of the verbs in brackets:

a. I won’t call you if nothing (to happen)……………….

b. If the engine (not to be cold)………………, don’t pull out the choke control.

c. I will call the electrician if the lights (to fail)……………… again.

d. If more governments (to wake up) ………………to what is happening, perhaps he would be able to avoid the disaster.

e. It would be risky if you (to drive) ………………this old car to Spain.

f. I would take the day off if I (to have) ……………… stomach ache.

g. I (to stop) ……………… working if I won a lot of money.

h. If they (to change) ……………… more money, they could have stayed in a hotel.

i. Perhaps dad wouldn’t have been so surprised if he (to hear) ……………… the boys talking about it.

j. Even I had run as fast as I could, I (to miss)……………… the bus.

Complete the following conditional structures:

a. If it doesn’t rain for months ………………. 

b. If a driver sees a zebra crossing the street ………………

c. I shall be happy if ……………….

d. I should be rich and successful if……………….

e. I won the prize unless ……………….

f. If I went to visit London, ……………….

g. I should have called you if ……………….

h. I would have bought myself a new car in case……………….

i. Had I been in your place ……………….

j. Unless he had told me differently ………………