English language. A form of interaction to most people. To the world, the mother tongue of communication and business. For me, a true passion !!
Internet and personal resources, reviews, news, tips and tests for learners of English.
This blog will be regularly updated with varied and useful activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on
Monday, September 29, 2014
Miscellaneous, Test 6
Choose the correct sentence:
1. Do you know where is the station ?
2. Do you know where the station is ?
1. Did you know where the station was ?
2. Did you know where was the station ?
Write the plural forms of the following nouns:
Choose the correct answer:
The cattle is / are grazing in the field.
My savings is / are on my credit card.
This / These information is / are correct.
Bad news don`t / doesn`t make people happy / happily.
The poor is looking / are looking for a shelter.
You mayn`t go out / may not go out.
What does "day in day out" mean ?
1. Let me help you,
2. Let them go,
3. Let`s go out,
4. Nobody was there,
5. Nothing came in the post,
6. I am an engineer,
7. She`d rather do her homework,
8. He`d better write the essay,
9. I`d have won that contest if you`d let me know about it,
10. They`d like to help him,
1. Far be it from me the idea,,,
2. She`d like to help you off and on.
3. Call off that meeting, please !
4. I`m not going there anymore. I`ve made up my mind.
5. Try as I might, I couldn`t do that again.
Choose the correct sentence:
1. Would you like to help him ? / Would you like helping
2. Would you mind to help him? / Would you mind helping him?
3. I wouldn`t object to go there / I wouldn`t object to
4. I won`t risk to go there / I won`t risk going there.
5. I am at Heathrow airport. I arrived in / at London.
6. When did you last see Jane ? / When have you last seen
7. The police are looking after / looking into the case.
8. Don`t lean to the wall / Don`t lean against the wall !
9. He tried to stay calm / calmly while the police was /
were taking the body.
10. I feel sadly / sad today.
11. The dog smells something under the bed / The dog smells
bed / The dog smells bad.
12. I think he fails if he doesn`t study hard / hardly.
Use modal verbs to rephrase the following sentences.
1. I advise you to go there right away.
2. They managed to pass the exam.
3. You have the obligation to obey the rules.
4. I guess he fails if he doesn`t study hard.
5. You don`t have to leave.
- from dawn to dusk
- now and then
- now and again
- to be aware of
- to be taken aback
- day after day
- ash / ashes
- by heart
- to turn down
- shallow waters
Scrieti echivalentele verbale ale urmatoarelor modale:
can, may, must
Write the corresponding nouns of the following adjectives:
What is the difference between:
- much exercise / many exercises
- Whom did you talk to ? / Who did you talk to?
- He stopped to smoke / He stopped smoking
- He remembered locking the door / He remembered to lock the