Welcome !

Welcome !

Friday, October 14, 2016

If Clause, Exercise 12


1. If I had won the lottery, I ......... rich.
a. be    
b. were   
c. would be

2. If Roberta ........... born in the United States, she wouldn't need a visa to work there.
a. was   
b. were   
c. had been

3. If I ............. rich, I would have bought that Ferrari we saw yesterday.
a. were   
b. be   
c. would be

4. If I ............ to work so much, I would have gone to the party last night.
a. didn't have   
b. haven't   
c. hadn't had 

5. Nothing would have happened if you .............. me the truth.
a. told  
b. had told   
c. had telled 

6. Unless you ............. you room, you couldn't invite your guests there.
a. cleans   
b. cleaned  
c. had cleaned

7. That man wouldn't be dead now if his wife ............ the ransom.
a. had paid   
b. would paid   
c.  would have paid

8. They ............... a new shop if they were rich.
a. would open   
b. opened  
c. would have opened

9. If Kate ........... so clever, she would have lost all her money last year.
a. wasn't   
b. weren't    
c. wouldn't be

10. If the girl ............ accused of murder she would have good life now.
a. hadn't been   
b. is not   
c. had been

11. If you had arrived on time, this ………………
a) would not happen   
b) will not happen     
c) would not have happened

12. If I were you, I ………………… a solicitor.
a) will hire          
b) would hire            
c) would have hired

13. If I won the jackpot, I …………… a yacht.
a) will buy              
b) would buy                    
c) would have bought

14. If he should happen to be late, we …… without him.
a) will go            
b) would go                     
c) would have gone

15. If they win this match, they ……………….. it to the semifinals.
a) will make                  
b) would make            
c) would have made

16. But for your help, I ……………….. to do it.
a) would not have managed    
b) will not manage     
c) would not manage

17. If I tell you a secret, ……………. you keep it to yourself?
a) will                       
b) would
c) shall

18. If you take this medicine, you …better in a few days.
a) will be               
b) would be                 
c) would have been

19. If I were you, I …… .
a) will be celebrating    
b) would be celebrating    
c) would have been celebrating