Monday, October 10, 2016
Nouns, Exercise 1
Choose the correct answer:
The information you need is / are in the report.
Last night's news was/ were very bad.
They have launched a lot of new products / product in the last few years.
He gave me a lot of advice / advices when I joined the company.
The country with the fewest / the least people per square kilometer must be
She had less / fewer time to study than Paul but had better results.
How much / many money have you got?
How many / much cigarettes have you smoked?
There's not much / many sugar in the cupboard.
There weren't many / much people at the concert.
Correct the following sentences and explain your corrections:
1. The moneys are here.
2. The news were good.
3. What a terrible weather.
4. What a beautiful scenery.
5. I’d like a bread, please.
6. Ruth is making good progresses.
7. I wish I had as many knowledges as she does.
8. I’ll give you an important information.
9. What do you think of our new furnitures? - I really love them.
10. I’ll give you a good advice.
11. I’ll give you some good advices. You seem to need them.
Choose the correct form of the verb / pronoun:
1. This bread is / are good.
2. This / these pieces of bread is / are stale.
3. This / these bread crumbs is / are very tasty.
4. Sugar isn’t / aren’t good for you.
5. There is / are two spoonfuls of sugar in my tea.
6. - Two jars of jam, please. - Here it is / they are.
7. I brought two pieces of luggage. Where can I put it / them?
8. The news is / are very interesting.
9. These news items is / are very interesting.
10. The many pieces of furniture make / makes the room look very crowded.
Which quantifiers could you use in order to make these uncountable nouns, countable?
ex. bread - a loaf of bread